Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Neurosurgeon

Neurosurgeon
Duties & Responsibilities:
Neurosurgeons perform surgery on the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves to remove tumors, relieve chronic pain and treat wounds, vascular disorders and diseases such as Parkinson's and epilepsy.
Salary: $395,000
Education:
A year-long internship plus a 6- to 8-year neurosurgical residency is required. A license is required to practice medicine; voluntary certifications exist and can expand career opportunities.
Demand:
Employment of physicians and surgeons is projected to grow 14 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. Job growth is projected due to increased demand for healthcare services by the growing and aging population.
Image result for neurosurgeon
Reflection:
I think I would like to be a neurosurgeon because I would like to perform surgery. I would also not like to be one because I can accidently kill someone if I make a mistake. The pay is good and the education is ok but overall it’s a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment